Friday, February 03, 2006

Today, I worked as an extra for "Wind Chill" ( a film produced by Steven Soderbergh and George Clooney). Working as an extra is really really boring~~...two thirds of the time was spend waiting on hold whilst sitting in a large hall doing practically nothing (apart from listening to my ipod and talking to random pplz)....
Once on set (after more than 4hrs of wait!!!), all the extras had to pretend (I mean 'act') as if they were all working on a philosophy exam in a lecture hall....And most of us didn't even have a piece of paper or pen. But I did get a paper and could u believe they actually had real philosophy exam questions? .....Anyway, it took the crew 1.5hrs to make 3 shots with an average of 3 takes for each.

BTW, did I mention lunch break was@ 6pm?!! Well, I couldn't take it any further sitting on my arse for over 6hrs and doing shite all.... so I left when we had our lunch break. I guess the experience on set as an extra wasn't as exciting as I thought it would be, but rather a dud...But what can you expect as an 'excess'??!

Here's the rundown of the day:

1pm - arrived on location (University of British Columbia)
1.15pm - name, costume/makeup checks
1.30pm - start to wait
4.30pm - called to set
6pm - lunch break !!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home